From:
April Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 16:09:15 -0700
Greetings!  I am currently working as an NEA Curatorial Intern at the
Center for Creative Photography, Tucson, Arizona.  I thought that my
colleagues on this list might be interested in our upcoming exhibition,
to run from January 27-March 26, 1995.  Titled simply, "Art Museum", the
exhibition features works by six contemporary artists who use photography
to explore and critique the nature of the museum, its traditions of
presentation and common expectations for the character and posture of art
it proposes.  The selection of works gathers the shared concerns of these
artists together to construct an original analysis of the hallowed
galleries of the art museum through the camera's discerning perspective.
Each artist scrutinized the museum space with varying concerns, opening a
critical dialogue on the nature of art and our dependence on the museum
to define what art is and how it should best be seen and experienced.
Included are works by Sophie Calle, Louise Lawler, Richard Misrach, Diane
Neumaier, Richard Ross and Thomas Struth.

If any of you are interested in learning more about the exhibition, the
artists, or a schedule of related events, please send an email message
directly to me.

April Watson
602/621-7968