From:
Robyne Erica Miles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:27:10 -0800
Maybe we are studying British Art?  I am looking to do a PhD there because I
would enjoy the experience of living there AND I am specifically interested
in Scottish art, NOT because there are no good schools here.

Thanks to those of you who replied with helpful advice (and to those who
replied to the list instead of "off list").  I was a little dismayed to hear
the chastising tone of some for even thinking of trying to go abroad... As I
recall, this person did not ask for advice on her decision, but suggestions
of ways to find funding.  I think this is a valid question even for those
who decide to go to school in the states.

Anyway, kudos to you, Ann Marie, for embarking on this adventure... You may
be dirt poor, but I wager it will be amazing.  And btw, I'm an IU grad...
Please go to the Irish Lion for me tomorrow and have a Woodchuck cider on
tap?  I miss it terribly...

--
Vita Brevis, Ars Longa