From:
Amy Ruffo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:43:45 -0500
Hello,
I just joined the list and am hoping you all can provide some info. I work
in our Resource Center (which is very much a library).

Our organization documents all events, activities, exhibitions and
community outreach programs. I am responsibile for maintaining/cataloging
this collection and up until last year everything was done via slide
(film). Last year was the first year everything was captured via digital
camera. Our photographer gives me CD's with contact sheets which are filed
for staff to view. The CD's can be checked out just like a book or
publication. FYI - these are not images which are part of our Permanent
Collection (those are housed with the Resgistar)

I would like to find out how other museums handle the archiving of their
digital images and weather or not you've gone digital completely or still
using film (35 mm slides). If you could take the time to answer the
following questions I'd appriciate it.

1. Who on staff maintains digital and slide image library?
2. How are they cataloged or accessiable to staff
3. Do you create slides from the digital files if needed? How many? How
often?
4. Are staff using traditional slides for presentations?
5. Has your museum purchased a portable projector to use with a laptop so
that staff can use the digital images to create PowerPoint presentations in
lieu of traditional slide presentations?
6. How many photographers to you have on staff?

Thanks in advance and if anyone would like a compilation of the answers,
please let me know.

Amy Ruffo
Resource Center Assistant
John Michael Kohler Arts Center