From:
Julia Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:51:55 -0400
I agree--there should be a single clearinghouse.  The best system is to bring your ideas for sponsorship sources to the point person and let that person decide whether they will work with you to do the ask or if you are permitted to do it yourself.  Many times as a curator I was successful on a small ask that was delegated to me to pursue, and then the development person ended up cultivating that donor and getting them involved on a higher level.

Julia Muney Moore
Public Art Administrator
Blackburn Architects, Indianapolis, IN
(317) 875-5500 x219