From:
Ellen Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 11:07:08 -0500
Barbara,
        I'm in practically the same situation as you, so understand some of
the frustration you're dealing with.  Since all schools have different courses
there could be any number of options (or none), much will also depend on your
particular interest in the museum field (ed, exhibits, funding...).  There
may be classes in the history dept. (public history, archival), design classes.
It will mostly be up to you to design the "course" and arrange an independent
study.  What I would do is go to any and all of the museums in the area and
arrange projects with them.  Volunteer, everyone needs free help and experience
is the most important thing for your resume.  Good luck.

Ellen Schwartz