From:
Stacey Swigart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:23:33 -0400
Good Morning!

Please Touch Museum moved to a iconic Philadelphia historical
building—Memorial Hall, built for the 1876 Centennial Exhibition—in
Fairmount Park in 2008.  To make connections with our new neighbors,
we have embarked on a oral history project to find out more about what
made/makes Memorial Hall important to them and important to the
future.   (Connections to our building, connections to history,
connections to our visitors, connections to the neighborhood, etc.)

We’re looking for people to be part of a proposed panel for the
American Association of Museums conference next year (Houston, TX)
with members who are working on projects (some form of oral history)
that are identifying, creating or making connections to audiences in
unique ways/or from unique settings. As a children's museum, this is
something very different for us and we have tried to make our project
fun, playful and informative.  (Can share more if you are interested).

If you’re planning on going to AAM next year and want to share about
your great project or have any questions…please let me know.  Thanks
for any help!

(Can be contacted via this e-mail or work [log in to unmask])

Regards,
Stacey

Stacey A. Swigart
Curator of Collections
Please Touch Museum® at Memorial Hall, Fairmount Park
4231 Avenue of the Republic
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Phone - 215-578-5163