From:
"Wesley S. Creel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:18:27 -0600
Good Afternoon Jim,
	Thanks for your thoughts, regarding the Creation/Evolution
debate.  You are correct in stating that, "....a museum has to tell what
'it' believes to be the truth. It has to arrive at a conclusion it can
genuinely back and not sit on the fence. However, it also (however much
it goes against the grain) has to respect the sincerely held views of
those who disagree."
	In order to give our staff guidance and direction along these
lines -- I wrote in 2006 memorandum to the staff (and volunteers) of the
Pink Palace Family of Museums staff, directing 'how' the staff should
respond to visitors who may disagree with the subject of evolution, as
presented in our exhibits, planetarium shows, large format films, and
other educational programs and activities.
	Below is the full text of that memorandum.  Please note that in
the original electronic format of this memo the professional
associations listed were 'linked' to those associations' websites for
their official positions on the subject of evolution.
Best Wishes and Happy Thanksgiving,
Wesley
Wesley S. Creel
Administrator of Programs