From:
Kristin Mravinec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:08:53 -0600
For museums in states without old loan/abandoned property legislation,
what is your museum's policy in handling old loans and found in
collections? Has your museum encountered any problems with this policy?

We are revising the loan section of our Collections Management Policy
and trying to determine the best approach in handling our significant
number of old loans and found in collections as Oklahoma does not have
any legislation. Though exempt, we can comply with the provisions of the
Uniform Unclaimed Property Act but this is not an option we would like
to pursue.

You can reply to me at [log in to unmask] Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Kristin Mravinec

--
Kristin Mravinec, Curator