From:
Michael J Comiskey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 1994 07:13:59 GMT
Hi there

I work at the Ulster Museum in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Just outside
Belfast is the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum. One half of it is the
folk museum with buildings which were disassembled and rebuilt from all
over Ulster. There are also new buildings built in the style of others
which could not be saved. I have looked them up in the phone book.
The address is:

Ulster Folk and Transport Museum
Cultra
Holywood
Northern Ireland
( don't know the postcode)

Phone : +44 (0)232 428 428
Fax   : +44 (0)232 428 728

A similar institution is the Ulster-American Folk Park. As the name
suggests this is devoted to recreations of American homes as well as
rebuilt local buildings. Again from phone book:

Ulster-American Folk Park
Mellon Road
Castletown
Omagh
County Tyrone
Northern Ireland
(again no postcode in the book)

Phone : +44 (0)662 243 292
Fax   : +44 (0)662 242 241

I have no information on any such places in the Republic of Ireland, but
I'm sure that the staff at these two places could help. Neither institution
is on the net yet as far as I know. I hope this is of use.

 Michael J Comiskey  "there's only one (tm)..."   |  [log in to unmask]
I'm paying for this so I get to say what I like! |  17 Mulberry Park,
"Remember children, you DON'T have to ask your   |  Twinbrook,
 parent's permission to call..."  Al Bundy       |  Belfast, N. Ireland