From:
Frances Beane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 1994 08:26:55 -0500
This is a reply to Jeannette Mills' inquiry about cd-rom production and
distribution.

The Harvard University Art Museums are currently engaged in a project
with Digital Collections, Inc. of Berkeley, CA to develop a cd-rom using
images of French art in our collections.We are at the very beginning of
the project -- just choosing images at present. DCI will do all of the
production and distribution and pay us royalties on sales.

DCI has completed a project for the Frick Collection that is now being
introduced in the marketplace.

DCI is also developing comprehensive collections management software
that  will take care of all of our collections-related needs:
registrarial, curatorial, and public access.

If you want to find out more about DCI, contact Katherine Pfaff by phone
at 510 540-7170. We have been very pleased with them so far.

- Frances Beane
Harvard University Art Museums
Cambridge, MA 02138