From:
Felicia Pickering <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:48:46 EDT
I thought I would pass on these two job announcements.  Note that these
jobs are Federal Civil Service (U.S.) and you must be a U.S. citizen.
I have nothing to do with the hiring process but wanted to keep the list
informed of these two high level jobs.  The director for the Museum
Support Center retired recently and between them these two positions
will replace him to manage the facility.

Both jobs are based at the Museum Support Center, the Smithsonian's
off-site storage and laboratory facility in Suitland, Maryland not far
outside Washington, D.C..  Salary for both jobs starts at $66,138 per
year.  Closing date for both jobs is July 17, 1998 (applications must
be postmarked by the closing date).

Job 1 is Supervisory Program Manager (Museum Support Center Manager),
Job Announcement #98YD-2121.

Job 2 is Supervisory General Engineer (Museum Support Center Manager),
Job Announcement #98YD-2120.

For copies of the job/vacancy announcements and information on the
hiring process you can call the Smithsonian automated job line at
(202) 287-3102 (24 hours, 7 days a week).