From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:39:42 -0500
Here's a request for information from an Education Department manager at
Shedd (apologies for cross-postings)
     Linda Wilson
     Manager, Audience Research and Evaluation
     John G. Shedd Aquarium
     1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
     Chicago, IL 60605
     PH (312) 692 3261  FAX (312) 939 8677     [log in to unmask]

 Dear colleagues,

 I'm in an information gathering stage and need your help!  If you can
answer
 any of the questions about lecture series listed below, I'd be most
obliged.
 Please send responses directly to me at [log in to unmask]
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .  If other list members are interested
in
 the information I collect, I'd be more than happy to send the compiled
 version to you at a date in the near future.  Just let me know with an
 email.

 Thanks in advance for your help!
Rachel Gross
 Public Programs Manager
 John G. Shedd Aquarium
 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
 Chicago, Illinois 60605
 t: 312-692-3324
 f: 312-663-1472
 e: [log in to unmask]

 Assuming your organization and/or you have experience running a lecture
program...
        Please tell me, if you would,
 a.     the name of your organization
 b.     the inception date of the program (and conversely, when it ended, if
it has)
 c.     the target audience (members, general adult audience, board members,
donors, etc...)
 d.     the program frequency
 e.     an attendance overview
 f.     is it fee based (if so, what's the cost to attendees)
 g.     what's included in the program fee (i.e. lecture, wine, cheese, book
signing, exhibit access, etc...)
 h.     how would you characterize your lecture program? (academic,
entertaining, issues based, collections based, etc...)
 i.     is the program offered in partnership with another organization
 j.     does it have a sponsor or sponsors?  If you can comment, what is the
nature and extent of the sponsorship?
 k.     how do you publicize/market it
 l.     does it generate revenue or break even
 m.     Who are your speakers (i.e. your staff, local experts, national or
international experts, academics, or a combination?)
 n.     Anything other helpful information, advice or insight is welcome.
Please tell me about your experiences with lecture series...the bad, the
 good and the great.  I can use it all!