From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:23:26 +1300
I note the odd reference to the festive season creeping into Museum-L
discussion !  My museum has its high visitor season over this period mainly
because we are in the hight of summer and being a maritime museum, are
harbourside.

I am interested to hear of any special Christmas programmes and activities
Museum-L'ers or their museums might be staging this year.  How about a
competition on the list, to discover the most novel programme?

To start the ball rolling;

We are renaming Boxing Day, Eliza Hobson Day. This is in honour of a new
1930's replica steam launch that will be plying its trade from our marina from
the 26th. major party quayside with 1930's music, radio station give a ways,
celebrities cruise, steam armada.  The next day there will be a champagne
brunch harbour cruise with 30's style and wicker basket hamper.

Roger Smith
Manager Programmes & Marketing
New Zealand National Maritime Museum