From:
"JOHN E. SIMMONS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 11:43:13 -0500
Regarding Halloween activities, our museum also does something
special, though not a haunted house.  We open the museum one
evening near Halloween for "The Museum After Dark".  We keep
lighting to an absolute minimum, and the guests must tour the
exhibit areas with flashlights.  The event is incredibly popular.
Everyone remarks on how different the exhibits seem when they
must concentrate just on what's in the flashlight beam (we have
lots of large dioramas, etc.).  We also have the usual games
and contests for best costume, that sort of thing.  If Money
Magazine is interested, tell them we have pictures!!  Just
contact our Department of Public Education for details.

John Simmons
Museum of Natural History
University of Kansas