From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:01:30 -0400
Deb,

Perhaps you wouldn't mind defining what you mean by dialogue.

It's a term we use quite often in relation to exhibits, especially when we
try to incorporate ways for visitors to share their thoughts. I believe it
is possible to use exhibitions to create opportunities for sharing
thougths and feelings in a verbal or written manner (my definition of
dialogue). The exhibition on lynching at the Chicago Historical Society
attempts to do this.

Why can't lynching (or genocide, or anything else that makes us
uncomfortable) be appropriate topics for "dialogue"

Diane Gutenkauf

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:15:58 +0200, Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<snip>
 But on the flip side, when has anything relating to