From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:51:53 -0400
John Arnold asked,

>Some staff from the museums in the Albuquerque area have met a couple of
>times in the past two months to see if there's an interest in forming a
>consortium to work together for promotion, marketing, development, and
>whatever else seems appropriate.
>
>The meetings indicate an interest exists among many of the 25 different
>museums in the area to work together for our collective best interests.
>
>My question is this: Do you know of any similar efforts among museums in a
>particular city? Do such associations or groups have a formal agreement? If
>so, can you share any details?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Strange you brought this up. It is being discussed under another thread that was admittedly mislabeled, as such discussions are after they veer off the original topic. I brought up, in response to  Jay Smithıs complaint about competition among museums, that Baltimore has had a Baltimore History Alliance for years. I do not want to clutter the list with repetitious postings, but if you have already deleted the post (subject Wasteful museum management or some such) let me know and I will send. In it I outline the basic formation and function of the BHA. Do not look for much detail. If you have any questions I would love to answer them. I do not have a whole lot of insight on our formation as I was and will soon be again chairman of only the education portions. The Directorıs Council would have to help you with your questions. However, if you have questions concerning programing, participation, or marketing let me know. We have been thinking about presenting on ourselves at AAM, as we seem to be unique. Much more so than I used to think. Whaddya think?

Matthew A. White
Director of Education and Internship Coordinator
Baltimore Museum of Industry
1415 Key Highway
Baltimore, MD 21230
(410)727-4808