From:
Martha Katz-Hyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:03:02 -0500
Please excuse the cross-postings.

Professor Joe Opala, who is known to many of us for his pioneering
research connecting Bunce Island in Sierra Leone with South Carolina,
recently told me about the next phase of the Bunce Island project,
which is the availability of an exhibit titled "Bunce Island:  A
British Slave Castle in Sierra Leone,"  and he asked me to let others
know about it (I apologize if this is old news!).

The exhibit consists of 20 door-size panels, each with text and images
that tell Bunce Island's history and its connection with North
America.  The exhibit includes an 8-minute video about Bunce Island
made by Charleston, SC, filmmaker Jacque Metz, and there is a brief,
illustrated catalog that includes more information on Bunce Island,
its history, and its connections to the United States.

The exhibit is offered to universities, museums, libraries and other
institutions in the United States and UK.  More details about the
Bunce Island project, the exhibit and its availability, and the costs
involved, can be found at http://www.bunce-island.org/index.html.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Independent Curator