From:
"Marc M. Mahan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 12:07:52 -0700
I have been trying for three years now to get employment and a work permit
in the UK.  The interviews go well until the subject of work permits arise.
Employers in the UK are required by British law to file for the work
permits, and there are never any guarantees that they will be issued, and
are often turned down. There is also a £95 filing fee with no refund -- no
matter what the outcome.