From:
Rick Wiedenmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 14:07:57 -0800
REBECCA ANN WELLS wrote:

> I am interested to find out what drafting software (if any) other museum
> exhibit departments/exhibit design firms use for designing exhibits.
> Traditional drafting is used almost exclusively where I work, and we have
> Macintosh computers for graphics production (Quark, Illustrator,
> Photoshop) as well as Claris CAD. I am familiar with AutoCAD, I have heard
> of MiniCAD and Power Draw.Anyone out there have any experience with these
> or others for the MAC?
> Thanks,
> Becky Wells

I use MiniCAD regularly for all of our exhibit design work.  It's easy to
learn, it can handling  import and exporting of files with all standard
graphic programs (Quark, Freehand, PageMaker, PhotoShop, etc), and it has
great 3-D capabilities (animated presentations with flyovers and
walkthroughs will thrill everyone).  Additionally, you can't beat the
cost.  The educational price is under $400.00.

I'm conducting a seminar at the Alabama Museum Association conference
this February.  The discussion will focus on exhibit design utilizing CAD
systems.  I intend to use MiniCAD files output to vellum, as well as
animated video demonstrations.

Paul M. Legris,
Exhibit Designer
--
Anniston Museum of Natural History              [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 1587                                   (205) 237-6766

http://www.anniston.org