From:
Richard Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:35:32 -1000
Angie Hornberger, Assistant Curator at National Heisey Glass Museum asked:
>I am currently in the process of trying to find a glass (cullet) supplier
>for our non-profit glassblowing studio. In the past we have used Pilgrim
>cullet, however Pilgrim is no longer supplying our distributor, Gabbert
>Cullet, with glass.

There are other sources for glass than Gabbert. (I can't even imagine the tonnage we've all bought from him over the years...)   East Bay Batch may be able to help you. They carry Electroglass batch which I think is formulated in Holland, as well as Gaffer Glass  from New Zealand. They can be reached at 1-800-EBB-ATCH in Richmond, CA.

Harvey Littleton's enterprise that makes Spruce Pine batch must have an electric melt formulation:
Spruce Pine Batch Company
P.O. Box 159
Spruce Pine, NC 28777
(828) 765-9876

You might check with the Toledo Museum of Art. I don't know if they are blowing on a small studio scale, but what a collection! And when you're in Dayton, check out the Children's reading room ot the main library; it is an incredible artistic treasure.

Aloha,
Richard
Hot Glass Hui
Hawaii