From:
Erina Moriarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 19:02:56 GMT
Hello!
   I will graduate with a B.A. in history this semester. I plan to
go directly into graduate school for an M.A. in history. My university
offers several "tracks" within its gradaute history program. One of the
tracks is "Applied history." The course work includes museum studies,
historical preservation, and archiving. This is a field that really
interests me, though I am afraid I made a mistake by working through
college and not getting a loan so I could intern at a museum somewhere
along the line while an undergrad. Noting my lack of experience in this
career field and noting the shrinking job prospects should I pursue this
track anyway or go for a more general degree in history?
   I am a relatively new subscriber to this newsgroup and I was quite
excited to find it. I live in the Northern Virginia area and the biggest
museum near me is the Smithsonian. They only want Ph.D's and that's for
unpaid volunterr positions! Outside the NoVA/DC area are there better job
oppurtuniteis in museum studies/historical preservation?

--
Erina  @>-->--

This downhill path is easy, but there's no turning back.
                                   - Christina Rossetti