From:
Kristie Rhoback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:24:27 -0500
We use an "In-Kind Goods and Services" Donation Form. It is not our
collection acquisition document. The form contains the donor's contact
information and signature, a brief description of the items or services
donated, a place for a total dollar value of the gift and disclaimers
stating that the museum did not provide any goods or services in
consideration for the donation. As well as a paragraph similar to our
acquisition form where we are given outright, unconditional, unrestricted
title and interest to the items donated. We keep a copy of the form on file
and the original goes to the donor for tax purposes.

We use this form for items donated and intended to be used up. (i.e. copy
paper, items used in our education collection, reference books,
groundkeeping services, craft items...) We found it to be a very useful
form. I would be happy to fax or send a hard copy to you. Sorry I don't have
a digital version.

Good Luck,

Kristie Dobbins
Amherst Museum