From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 01:04:08 -0500
On Jan 25, 1996 10:06:06, 'Robin Panza <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>There is another possible conclusion.  Those who are young were trained
>(educated) recently, while most of those who are older were
trained/educated
>longer ago.  There has been some shift in education policy, which may have

>affected their outlooks.

Other possible conclusions include the possibility that the older
respondants had shifted jobs more often and were acquainted with a broader
spectrum of museum management areas, or, because they were older they were
in positions of greater responsibility or authority and answered as if they
were responsible for all the tasks that fell under their purview.  However,
taking the intangibles of the institution into account, probably the first
conclusion was not terribly off the mark.

In this particular museum, except for the conservators, I doubt that anyone
was actually trained for the jobs they held.  And a good thing it was too!
--

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant