From:
Christine Mouw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:08:40 -0400
Hello.

We are exploring what we might be able to do with fiber optics in our
temporary exhibits, but I have a few questions.

My main question concerns light levels. If fiber optic lighting produces no
UV or heat (as the literature says), is there any reason to still keep light
levels below 5fc when using fiber optics?  Is there some conservation
issue I'm just not thinking of?

My second request is for anyone who has used fiber optics in exhibits to
share their experiences.

Please feel free to respond to me off list.  However, I did scour the
Museum-L archives before writing this, and as far as I can tell there has
been little discussion of fiber optics.

Thanks in advance!

Christine Mouw
Assistant Curator
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library-Museum
West Branch, Iowa  52358