From:
Sharon Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:30:09 -0500
I was wondering if anyone out there, especially those working at living
history farms/sites, knew where I could find what I can best describe as
basically a stool with udders that simulates milking a cow.  Usually there
is some sort of wooden cut out of a cow around it-so it somewhat looks
like your milking a cow-and when you pull on the rubber udders water comes
out.  I know no other way to describe it.  I've seen them at state and
county fairs-even tried one this summer-but I cannot seem to find where I
can purchase one.  I found one on the web a few weeks ago, but did not
write down the url thinking it would be easy to find again.  We're
redeveloping our farm and have decided to not go the way of a dairy cow,
however, I'm working on a program that emphasizes the role of animals on
the farm and their contributions.  I still want to be able to give kids
the opportunity to experience milking a cow to add a little excitement to
the cheese, butter, milk, and a lot of other things come from cows.
Thanks for any info anyone might have.