From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:00:10 -0800
I checked out your blog and the one linked by the sole
comment that is offered in response.  What you should
probably be aware of is that the MuseJobs folks get
the HotJobs.com Job Tip of the Day as a regular
offering.  This week's topic has to do with the pros
and perils of blogging.

HotJobs cautions users to use caution in their blogs
since they are frequently public documents and can
come back and bite a potential employee or "dooce" one
(translation:  get them fired) already in a position.
If you talk about how awful your boss is in a blog, it
may seem like good ole first amendment venting.
However, employers are using a plethora of background
media to investigate potential candidates, and there
are firms that will check for them.  This kind of
information--though clearly not contained in either
blog offered as yet--could come back to bite you in
the keister.

Think it has gone away just because tomorrow you think
better of it and delete the text?  Possibly not.
There are websites like "The Wayback Machine"
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php that have harvested
old iterations of websites (sometimes that can be
amazing to view in itself).  The document might be
there, or in a cached version of a search.

Blogging is considered fun by many.  Just be careful
the words you blog today, for you may have to eat them
tomorrow.

If you'd like to see the HotJobs discussion on this,
you can go to the HotJobs.com site, or search this
week's archives on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs.

--- Mike Rippy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> http://www.museumpro.org

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Indigo Nights