Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 13:43:04 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-31 17:48:46 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

>  I'm sorry, maybe I shouldn't be taking this so seriously, after all,
>     its just a post on the internet, but I think that the hypothesis you
>     present needs some sharpening and defining.

Now, if you are going to validate Sally's ideas with such a passionate
comment, then don't belittle her thesis by calling it just a post on the
internet. Having just endured comments similar to yours and others on a
different list on a different subject (but still my thesis), I know how it
feels to toss your ideas out for criticism. Hopefully, she will benefit as
much as I did from the ensuing discussions. However, she did say she was just
starting with the idea (was not really going to get into it until
September....), and of course it needs sharpening - whose ideas don't?? Keep
up the good work, Sally! May you get many caustic and supportive commentaries
on this thread....

- Adrienne