From:
Judith Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 21:40:41 -0700
Alexandra --  the Official Museum Directory (National
Register Publishing Co.) has been indicating which
museums are AAM accredited for a number of years now.

If AAM does not release the information -- and their
website does says they do not provide mailing lists of
accredited museums which is different from the search
by state that the website permits -- use a library
that keeps older editions of OMD and check.

This will give you at least an approximate idea of who
became accredited when much more quickly than trying
to contact all the currently accredited museums and
track down someone on staff who would know when the
original accreditation was granted (since there are
lots of re-'s and re2-'s by now.)

Judy Turner
Whitefish Bay, WI

--- Alexandra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear list:
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion on how to determine
> which museums are AAM
> accredited and when each obtained the accreditation?
>  The best I can figure
> is to go through the directory and call each one; it
> seems like an insane
> process given that 21st century technology should be
> able to make it as
> quick as pushing a few buttons.  I have asked the
> AAM for a list but they
> don't release that information.  Will I have to sit
> down and do the weeks of
> research to get a read on who, what, when and why?
>

> Thank you for your thoughts and help!
>

> Alexandra W. Rollins

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.