From:
Mandy Langfald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 16:32:36 -0600
The State is beginning the reinterpretation of our Historic Governor's
Manson and the Curator there is having problems finding a specific type
of floor covering. I was asked to post to the list to see if anyone can
point us in the right direction for a product similar to the original.

This floor covering was very utilitarian and originally used on the
basement and servants stairways. The covering appears to be a hard
plastic of some sort, about 1/8" thick or so. What we have is a dark
brown with some sort of pattern on the top. This material was used as a
runner and is similar to the black "rubber" runners seen now. However it
is less pliable and we believe it may have come in strips or blocks that
were then cut to size/shape. The house was occupied 1905-1970ish. Some
of the people on the committee remember something similar to this in
their houses when they were children in the '50s.

Any information or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Mandy Langfald
Curator of Collection
Wyoming State Museum
307-777-3077