From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:23:29 -0700
Pam,

Thanks for the nice comment(s).

Humor in my own life is VERY important.  I once had a class on "humor in
the workplace" * and it really opened up my mind on how to cut stress
and just relax during the day.  With many of us working small museums
and jobs where we are a "do all" and "did that" kind of resume in the
museum field, we need a touch of humor and relaxation.

In fact, it is part of who I am.  I've been on this list for many years...
since '96 I believe I started posting.....and I've seen the "humor"
conversation before, and how important it is on our job * and YES
on this list.

In fact, back in '96 it was suggested to have a humor contest on the
list----"In order to introduce some useful humor here, how about a contest? Tell us
about the 25 (or less) things that drive you crazy! Dealing with patrons,
funny experiences that happened in a museum or library, typos on labels,
silly questions (from patrons and others), etc..  If this is too silly a suggestion,
please let me know (I seem to be a bit lightheaded today, too many WWW sites...)."

Not to mention names, one person really didn't think that was a good
idea...neither did I.   I think with that idea----indeed, people did have to much
free time on their hands.  But, a few jokes once in a while or replying to
a suggestion where someone wanted a few jokes..no harm.  We all need to
laugh!  Even on the job.

So, good work...and a great idea for a talk to that Bremer Communication poster.
And, please---- oh please *- let us know some of the new jokes you pick up and
use....we want to share in the laughter. (smiles).

Thanks.

John
Boise, ID

In a message dated 1/11/2006 1:31:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,