From:
"H. Glazer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:44:54 -0500
Try UHU HoldIt, made by Eberhard Faber, and available in office supply
stores, hardware or home improvement stores. It resembles a kneaded
eraser and you can pull off as much as you need, and shape it with your
fingers.  It's easily removeable, and reusable.  We use it to secure
student ceramics to pedestals during the annual student show.  Test it
in an inconspicuous place, but I think it is gentle enough for your
surface.

--Helen Glazer, Exhibitions Director
Goucher College, Baltimore, MD, USA

Penelope Foss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

RE:  METHOD FOR ATTACHING WALL LABELS ON VARNISHED WALNUT

We have recently renovated an old building so that it will be a large
exhibition space for our school community.  Our first exhibition will be
in
two months, and I am trying to figure out how to attach the didactic
labels
to the walls, which are walnut coated with a varnish (good quality, but
not catalyzed lacquer).  The labels will probably be paper mounted on
board. Can anyone recommend a combination of a strong adhesive and
gentle solvent that would not harm the finish? Or, if you have any other
suggestions, I would love to hear them.  There is not a lot of wall
space
and the exhibitions will change so it does not make sense to create a
more permanent set-up (i.e. velcro patch to hold the labels).     Thank
you
for your help!