From:
Stefania Van Dyke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:40:51 -0700
Dear Dale,

I'd be very interested in the strategies you compile -- I used to be
Deputy Director for Learning at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens in Miami (it's
a historic estate with a house museum and formal gardens). When I left,
we were in the midst of trying to do just the same thing you're working
on, and although I'm not working there anymore, I'm invested in this
process.

I also think your workshop participants would be interested in a new
book, /Connecting Kids to History with Museum Exhibitions,/ edited by D.
Lynn McRainey and John Russick of the Chicago History Museum (I posted
some information on this book last week). Although its focus is on
creating engaging experiences for kids, there are many ideas,
strategies, specific examples, etc. that are relevant for ALL visitors.
Here is a link to more information on the book, including an excerpt and
the table of contents:

http://www.lcoastpress.com/book.php?id=222

Best of luck -- I look forward to hearing what you all come up with in
the workshop.

Sincerely,

Stefania

--

    Stefania R. Van Dyke
    Museum Studies and Practice

    We are now distributed by Chicago Distribution Center
    of University of Chicago Press.

    Find us on Facebook!
    Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeftCoastPress