From:
Sura Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 12:09:41 -0500
I am on a committee that will, within the next year, oversee  a
competition to erect a  sculpture in Western Massachusetts in memory of
Sojourner Truth.  Is there an internet bulletin for sculptors that might
make it possible to reach the largest percentage of sculptors working on
the monumental scale?  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  Also,
does anyone in this group have experience on this process?  We figure the
budget will have to be in the neighborhood of $300,000, especially if the
scultpure ends up being a bronze.  We hope to limit, in so far as it is
possible to do so, the number of applicants for the project.  If anyone
has a working paper, copy of competition proposal, or other kinds of
relevant materials, I would be very interested in learning about them.

   Sura Levine
   Assistant Professor of Art History
   Hampshire College
   Amherst, MA  01002