Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 1995 14:35:47 GMT
[log in to unmask] wrote:

>Hi everyone!

>We've decided we would like to actually have a list of museum rules to send
>out to school groups (or whatever group) before they arrive for a tour.  I was
>hoping for some ideas from people who have used creative methods of getting
the
>point across (other than the standard Don't touch! and Don't run!...)  Has
>anyone designed something fun to use for the kids in school beforehand or on
>the bus, that may actually be remembered and paid attention to?

We use  greeters at our "group entrance"  to first speak to the entire
group (at the children's level) then taking the chaperones aside and
being more specific with them about rules and information, etc.

Being a large facility (over 201,000 square feet) one of the most
prominent issues is simply keeping chaperones with the groups.
Chaperones develope this tendency to just say "Just go over
(whereever) and I'll catch up" while they head off to the cafe.

Anybody else?

Aharon Yoki
Museum of Science & Industry
Tampa