From:
"G. Boettcher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 22:38:00 -0800
Dear Friends:

I'm looking for books which have dealt with the subject of the image of
the American Indian appropriated for use on salmon canning labels.  I'm
also interested in any texts which have spoken to the issue of using
stereotyped minority caricatures in advertising and marketing (ie. Uncle
Ben, Aunt Jemima, fruit boxes, etc.).  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Please feel free to e-mail me directly at

Sincerely yours,

Graham C. Boettcher
graduate student, Division of Art History
The University of Washington