From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:18:26 -0800
Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium and Institute
of Popular Science (1939 to 1991) included a small
library of astronomy and science books (800 volumes),
which we permitted researchers and the public to use
on a by-appointment basis. Although I tried to get
more public hours for the library, the budget would
not permit the hiring of a librarian.

So what was done, from time-to-time we would find a
retired librarian who would be willing to come in, on
a volunteer basis, to update the collection. This was
in addition to some of our staff (particularly one of
our physics instructors) acquiring new textbooks for
the library.

So, I would suggest that you check with your local
public or college library, to see if there is a
retired librarian, or perhaps a student interested in
becoming a librarian, who may be willing to come-in
and reorganize and update your collection. Then,
depending on your budget, you could arrange to open
the library to the public certain hours, or advertise
your library to the public as being available on a
by-appointment basis.

gaw