From:
"Timothy S. Bottoms @ Cape Fear Museum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 12:18:44 -0400
I know this is the second time I have listed this announcement, but I want
to make sure everyone sees it.

I am posting this for New Hanover County's Human Resources Department,
please do not contact me concerning the position.  Human Resource's
telephone numbers and web address are listed at the bottom of the
advertisement.

ASSISTANT REGISTRAR -CAPE FEAR MUSEUM
Wilmington, North Carolina

Assists  registrar  with  the  acquisition,  preservation,  maintenance and
research  of  collections at Cape Fear Museum, a museum of regional culture
and   natural  history  in  Southeastern  North  Carolina.   Processes  new
donations  into computer system; manages existing artifacts to ensure their
safety  and  care;  conducts  research on object history; maintains contact
with  donors,  lenders,  museum  staff,  volunteers and the general public.
Requires  a  Bachelor's  degree,  supplemented by related museum collection
experience  or  internship;  or  an equivalent combination of education and
experience.   Must  be  proficient  in  the  use  of  computers and possess
excellent  communication  and  organizational  skills.  Knowledge of museum
techniques  in  the  proper handling, processing and maintenance of objects
required.   Hours  are  8:30AM  - 5:30PM, Monday through Friday with 1 hour
lunch;  must  be  flexible  to  work special events and during emergencies.
Salary range: $20,717-$29,640 plus benefits.  Completed application must be
received by 4:30PM, Friday, May 19, 2000.

This is a re-advertisement.  Prior applicants are not required to reapply.

HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed New Hanover County application form to New
Hanover  County  Department  of Human Resources, 320 Chestnut Street, Suite
405,  Wilmington,  North  Carolina  28401.   Out-of-town  applicants,  call
24-hour JobLine (910) 341-7163 or (910) 341-7178 to request an application.
FAX:   (910)   341-4293.   Hearing  Impaired:  (910)  815-3595.   Internet:
www.co.new-hanover.nc.us/hr/99-193.htm

                       AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER