From:
"John A. Bing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:34:32 -0800
Perhaps this is a time to look back at the famous/infamous Sensations
exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum several years ago where the owner of
the art made a secrete donation for the exhibition and the museum
allowed the owner to decide what and how his possessions would be
shown.  Put the political brou-ha-ha aside, and the AAM clearly saw a
conflict of interests and, I have read, incorporated new guidelines in
AAM's rules.  Basically, donations by a donor are not forbidden, but
they must be made above board. Secondly, the museum must not turn over
it's curatorial responsibilities to the donor.   In your case for
donor  read dealer.
So, it would seem your museum can do the exhibition so long as you
retain final control on what is shown and how it is presented.

Good luck to you,

John Bing