From:
Paul Koenig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:01:07 -0700
Two point I'd like to bring up:

1) Most photographs today are taken digitally.
2) The vast majority of prints are reproductions from the original negative or slide.

I'd advocate treating digital reproductions as fully accessioned items with as much information about when and how the image was taken and production details for each intermediate step. Even for a print photograph, ideally, camera and exposure details would be recorded along with film type; development date and chemistry are recorded; and the date, materials, and process of making the print are recorded.

- Paul Koenig