Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 21:11:30 -0500
Colleagues,

John Chiodo wrote:
>I would like to forward a concern.  While I feel that it is imperative that
>we communicate with each other, some of us can't handle the growing number of
>postings per day.

This is why the digest is valuable to many who want to get it all in one
big posting each day.

>Can't we break this list down into special interest
>groups and a general fyi list?

While I would love to see a list just for registrars, I would not like to
see this list broken down.  I think it can only enhance my work for my
museum if I am able to participate in the discourse of the whole museum
community.  I find the breadth of issues discussed here to be very
enlightening and informing.  The idea of breaking down the list has been
discussed before - and John Chadwick has been asked about this before - but
we must remember this cannot be an easy undertaking - I suspect that John
spends an inordinate amount of time - unpaid time I'll bet- in keeping this
valuable forum going.  I don't know that we can ask him to tend subset
lists also!

If you don't want to read them all, just delete those threads that don't
interest you.  Thats what plenty of us do, I suspect. :-)

Suzanne Quigley
Head Registrar
Detroit Institute of Arts
313 833 0261