Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:31:51 EDT
For fixed-bin storage racks, like for works framed in wood or metal-section
frames or Kulicke style metal frames, I highly recommend:

    The Steel Fixture Manufacturing Co.
    812 SE 7th Street
    Topeka, Kansas  66601

        913-233-8911
    fax 913-233-8477

 Al Merz, Design/Production Manager

Their main line is steel storage units for scientific specimens, and for
courthouse records.  I have found their products to be of the highest
professional quality; they are fully aware of conservators concerns about
paint finishes out-gassing and other environmental/air quality issues.  We had
them custom make 26 linear feet of 7-foot high racks with adjustable shelving
- into which we slide our framed works in storage - and an enormous plan
file for un-mounted works on paper.  We have been very happy with their
products.  I highly recommend them for this type of storage solution. And, why
not, tell 'em Steve Ringle sent you!

   Stephen B. Ringle, Registrar             [log in to unmask]
   University of Maine Museum of Art
   5712 Carnegie Hall, Room 109              vox: 207-581-3257
   Orono, Maine   04469-5712                 fax: 207-581-3083