From:
Beth Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:29:12 -0700
Hello Carol, Hello the List!

We have just completed"Numa Yadua"  a Native Language Revitalization
curriculum on CDROM for the Owens Valley Inyo-Mono Paiute Shoshone Indians
Head Start/Even Start program. It is a language learning tool in interactive
multimedia for children 5 to 12 years old (and their parents;-])  This was a
year long collaboration with the community that supports the Even Start
program, funded by a federal grant.  We are just beginning another project
that documents Native American traditional skills that will be part of the
museum and cultural center's outreach and display system.

I would be more than happy to discuss this with you!  You can also see more
information about these projects at our web site www.bigheadinteractive.com.
Select "Press" from the menu bar, then "Articles and Releases".  You will
find the article "How to Create 400 Virtual Language Teachers in a Year",
(News from Native California, Volume 12, Number 2, Winter 1998/99) which
describes some of the methods we used to collaborate with the community on
this Head Start/ Even Start project.

The project was the first of its kind, and due to great academic and
humanities community interest, we have been asked to create a booklet of the
methods and procedures to bring this project to fruition. Perhaps it will be
helpful to you?

Please feel free to call or email!

Beth Macdonald
415/752.6511