From:
Alan Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 14:45:12 -0500
We are resending this message because we have not received a copy of it from the list, although we had a confirmation that it had been posted.

Archival Coordinator
Imaging Department
The Art Institute of Chicago

This is an exciting opportunity in The Art Institute of Chicago's Imaging
department. Responsible for coordinating photo requests for reprints and
dupes from archive of 120,000 photographs. Duties include logging and
tracking exhibition and public relations photography; maintaining photo
archives of negatives, transparencies and prints for the department and
computer records of archives.  Performs minimal departmental bookkeeping.

B.A. in Art History (or strong minor) with minimum three years museum or
photo archives experience.  Good oral and written communicator. Familiarity
with museum photography, digital imaging.  Solid computer experience, Word,
Excel, Web browsers.  Challenged by the future of image databases and
participate in the development of museum-wide image management systems.

Salary mid-$20's commensurate with experience.  Excellent benefits. Work in
new facility with motivated team.

to:
Recruiter
Art Institute MC/37