From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 20:09:09 -0400
At 04:42 PM 4/16/98 -0400, Veec1998 wrote:

>I am looking for an article  or chapter of a book which discusses the
>authenticity of recreated historic sites.  I know I have seen such articles,
>but now when I need one I can't seem to put my hands on one.
>Thanks,
>Katie Jones
>Collections Manager

You may wish to look at a few of the articles in Tony Bennett's "The Birth
of the Museum." In the best of those in this volume the author analyzes
historical recreations to show that a very selective view of history has
been recreated.  (Tony Bennett, _The Birth of the Museum: History, theory,
politics," London, Routledge, 1995.) I reviewed this book in Culturefront
and in the Journal of Museum Management and Curatorship. A copy the latter
review may be found on my website: <http://www.pipeline.com/~rabaron/>.

R.Baron