From:
Lucy Sperlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:11:26 -0800
John and others,

The Burcaw book has been pretty outdated for some time. I'm quite
surprised that no one has yet mentioned "The Handbook for Museums" by
Gary Edson and David Dean ISBN 0-415-09952-8.

You could also consider putting together a set of two or three books
that each focus on a different part of the course  -one for
administration, one for collection management, one for public
programming (including exhibits), etc.  But all in all, I think the
Edson Dean book is really excellent --readable, with study questions,
charts, highlighted key information and bullet lists for emphasis, etc.

Lucy Sperlin