From:
JoAnna Minneci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 1996 18:08:44 +0000
I have a personal confession regarding this thread:

When i lived in chicago, I would stare for hours at a painting of Cupid
and Psyche in the Art Institute of Chicago.

I would watch the smoke from the incense rise, and the drapes blow in
the breeze for hours.  I swore that i could see Cupid's wings flutter.
This painting is also a favorite of mine because it is one of few
depictions of Cupid that shows him as an adult... but i digress.

My most treasured gift from my husband is a fuzzy, fuzzy snapshot of
this painting. He had to beg and plead with the guard, and in the end,
he wasn't allowed to use a tripod, but the photo turned out good enough
to enlarge to 8 1/2 by 11, and sits framed in my office.

He told me that he searched for a print everywhere, and could find
nothing... not even in the museum store...would this do?

Needless to say, i love it. very much.  Fuzziness and all.

That's all...  Hope it makes one or two of you think a bit....