From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 13:04:42 -0400
Government museums seem most likely to set specialized grad degree
requirements, as well as some of the more bureaucratized non-profits.
Using these and other specific criteria helps develop a good human resources
(personnel) profile for grant applications, the occasional employment
discrimination lawsuit or grievance, etc. etc.  Writing from experience, it
also helps persuade state compensation analysts to establish higher salary
ranges for those professional positions.

It's a good question -- what do museums REALLY want?  No one has heretofore
asked or answered that.