From:
Dane Pollei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 15:32:02 -0500
From:         Robert Panzer <[log in to unmask]>

>The problem, as I have stated before, is when people support their opinion
>about that which is real - the physical world - with that which is
>supernatural and do such under the GUISE OF SCIENCE.  If you understand what
>the scientific method is, then you understand that you cannot use science to
>support supernatural beliefs.  D

Exactly!  We are not criticizing an individual’s right to their religious beliefs!  It is the perversion of science to "prove" those beliefs that is objectionable.  Read the information on their website and it will seem perfectly plausible, unless you can remember when you learned the steps of the scientific method.

Evolution is a fact.  But it is not a fact that disproves the existence of God.  Natural selection is a theory.  It is interesting to see that this museum accepts the theory but rejects and goes to great lengths to "prove" the fact is wrong.

Remember, the name of the organization that runs the Creation Museum is Answers in Genesis.  They believe in a literal interpretation of Genesis and say so on their website.  That's their right.  Again, it is the perversion of the scientific method which is objectionable.

I wonder if they will have as much support if their next exhibit takes on a literal interpretation of Genesis when it deals with the role of women?  When they use natural selection to "prove":

"Genesis 3:16: Adam's role is to be Eve's master. The King James Version (KJV), New International Version (NIV), and Revised Standard Version (RSV) use the term "rule" to describe Adam's role over Eve: "...thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee." The Living Bible uses the term "master". The Modern Language Bible uses "dominate". By implication, all of their descendents would have the same power imbalance between spouses."

will it be OK if I object then?  And if I can object then, why not now?  Both are a misuse of science.  Belief is a choice. When I see a perfect blue sky, I don't doubt the existence of God, even though I know the atmosphere causes the refraction of light.  And if you believe it's only physics, that's fine too.

Sent via the WebMail system at mgmoa.org