From:
Joe Nagel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 06:29:03 -0800
Although 'splintering' will probably eventually be a necessity, it is
exactly the fact that I have to wade through ***everything*** that I find
appealing.  The distribution and degree of response to topics in itself is
of interest to me, and I find myself interested in the oddest postings, ones
which I would not have selected in advance.

I would like to see a single forum as long as is possible, even if Listers
have to devise their own methods of selection and preference.

One solution might be to have a splintering option for subscription?  In
other words, choose one or more groups and have the server do the necessary
concatentation.  At least that way there will be some generalists left...

>Is it my imagination, or has the volume on the MUSEUM-L about doubled since
>the first of the year? Seems alot of folks got new computers and/or modems
>during the holidays!
>
>My question is:
>
>Has any thought been given to the splintering of this list-serv into
>specific categories, i.e. collections, exhibits, administrative, etc.?
Joe Nagel (KUSTOS Inc.)
2961 Semiahmoo Trail
Surrey, B.C.  V4P 1H4
604-531-6879, 604-594-2628 (FAX)