From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 16:19:04 -0400
Greetings all - I'd like your opinions on a disagreement I am engaged in with
our Director.

We are planning the build out of a 15K sq. ft. museum within our parent
organization's National Headquarters. As a staff of 5, there is no way to
accomplish this by ourselves. We agree that we need to contract out for a
designer, fabricators, writer, and researchers. Where we disagree is how to
do it.

Our director wants to send out a cattle call (what I call a McDonald's ad)
which let's people know that "we're coming to town" and we are gonna hire
lots of people. He does not want to list job descriptions, salaries or
duration period of contract. He calls this a generic ad which will rustle up
cv's and such. I say no one with any reputation would respond to such an ad
and that each position should be advertised individually and not until we are
ready to hire (i.e., the cattle call would go out now, when we are probably 6
months away from making the first hire).

Anyone care to share their input?

- Adrienne